Friday 21 January 2022

Project Star Wars Part 7: More flyers

 I bought some extra flyers for my Star Wars project:

  • Darth Vader's TIE fighter (Revell 06780)
  • X-Wing fighter (Revell 06779)
  • Resistance A-Wing fighter (Revell 06759)

The TIE fighter and X-Wing box both state the scale as being 1:57. For the A-Wing the box states 1:44.

When I saw the pilot figures I got a bit worried:

A-Wing pilot, Legion scout, X-Wing pilot, Vader pilot

The supposedly 1:57 X-Wing pilot fits in Vader's 1:57 boot!!!

Fortunately after I built the kits (without Vader & the X-wing pilot) they all looked fine on the table with both Legion and Imperial Assault miniatures:







There are some very nice Revell kits with parts that fit perfectly and are easy to paint, but Vader's TIE fighter is not one of them. Paint keeps flaking off and I hard a hard time fitting the pieces together. (I put the kit together after painting because of the hard to reach areas on the inside of the wings and the clear plastic canopy bits). The X-Wing kit is better, but the protruding bits on the wings break off quite easily so it has to be handled with care.

The A-Wing is actually perfect for wargaming. It is pre-painted (I did paint the panel lines and put some wash on the engine and weapon parts) and quite sturdy (and cheap: 11 euros).




No comments:

Post a Comment