Saturday 18 September 2021

Project Star Wars Part 4: Jawa's

I liked the Jawa's in the Mandalorian and the original films. A small band of them for use in games would be great, but there are no Legion Jawa's (yet) and there is only one for Imperial Assault. So to get more Utinni for my Euro I went looking for proxies and came across some second hand plastic GW night goblins.

Although they are a bit stunted for Jawa's they look acceptable to me and I can field 15 of them for the price of 1 Imperial Assault Jawa!

I cut away the Goblins face (luckily the face of a Jawa is hidden by his clothes so no need to sculpt a tiny face. I intend to paint the goblin's jaw as a scarf hiding even more of the Jawa's face), cut away the shield, trimmed down the hood, removed the hands and replaced them with smaller ones from my bits box. A few spare weapons, US, British and German WW2 pouches and presto: Inside every night goblin there's a Jawa trying to get out.




Comparison shot with a Legion stormtrooper (on a thin base):



No comments:

Post a Comment