Saturday 11 September 2021

Project Star Wars Part 3: Legion models

The Star Wars Legion stormtroopers and scout troopers I ordered have arrived. I'm impressed with the quality of the miniatures: excellent overall. Certainly better than the Imperial Assault miniatures.

From Leadadventure forum I already knew the Legion miniatures were larger than the Imperial Assault ones. But how bad would it be? Would mounting them on a thinner base work?




For me mixing the stormtroopers in a unit works when the Legion ones are mounted on (in this case a Warlord games) thin base. Although the movies suggest a minimum stormtrooper height, armies have been known to relax their recruitment criteria to fill the ranks. 

I'm less pleased with the scout trooper match. I think it is because of the quite small and differently shaped helmet on the Imperial Assault one. Maybe giving the Imperial Assault scout trooper a Legion scout trooper helmet will work, or a bare head.

For the Rebels I'm thinking of ordering a set of Star Wars alien heads to put on spare figures to increase their Star Wars look.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment