Sunday 18 February 2024

Project Star Wars part 17: Rebel Commandos

I came across a bunch of very reasonably priced Wargames Atlantic Raumjäger sprues on an internet marketplace and thought: these could be Star Wars Rebel Commandos.

After removing the very German WW2 looking gas mask canister from the figures, I also removed the magazines from the assault rifle type Raumjäger firearms. Star Wars Rebel rifles never seem to have magazines attached to firearms. At least not in front of the trigger.

The heads were another item which had to be swapped. One of the Raumjäger heads (with cap) looked OK for Rebel Commandos, but I wanted some variety so I went with helmeted heads and heads with caps from the Wargames Atlantic cannon fodder sprue. This also was a good source for backpacks and other bits. For the non-human members I used a GW space marine head and several spare heads from Legion kits.

More bits came from Bolt Action US paratroopers, GW Catachans and Mantic GCPS.

This gave me a Rebel Commando platoon consisting of three 8-man squads. Each squad is led by a sergeant and has an AT rifle, the Star Wars equivalent of an LMG and a long range radio. The platoon is commanded by a lieutenant. They are supported by a 4-man combat engineer team (demolitions, flamer, heavy blaster).

Coming soon to a forest moon near you!






Combat engineers



My kids bought me the Legion Yoda for my birthday. The box contains enough parts for 2 Yodas. I finished the first one.



No comments:

Post a Comment