Wednesday 23 December 2020

Ski troops

 I wanted to expand my Warlord Finnish ski troops with some other miniatures and came across the arctic skiers from Tiger miniatures.

Both are supposed to be 28mm.

However...

Left: Warlord.  Right: Tiger miniatures


Now the Tiger sculpts are quite large (and sometimes have a very thick base, increasing their size even more), but the Warlord ski troops are more 25mm than 28mm. I've noticed the same thing with some of their other miniatures. The 88mm FLAK crew is noticable smaller than the plastic Warlord German grenadiers for instance.


As a fan of TLAR, I'm not really bothered by the difference. But there are not a lot of different ski troops available to my knowledge. So if you are scale sensitive and looking for ski troops, you my want to take this into account.

No comments:

Post a Comment