Saturday 31 August 2024

Old West Town

For our What a Cowboy campaign I needed an Old West town. I love the MDF Old West buildings from Sarissa and TT Combat, but due to space and budget restrictions I needed to find other options. 

I have found that paper buildings (e.g. from Dave Graffam) work well for me. While Dave has some buildings available that fit in an Old West town, he doesn't have things like a saloon or sherrif's office. Fortunately I found the Rio Draco set from Fat Dragon Games.

Instead of foamboard I use cheap corrugated cardboard as support for the paper. Basically the method is the same as described in my Old town post.


The cardboard house is glued to an MDF base supported by pieces of styrofoam.


Then the paper building walls are glued to the cardboard.


To maximise ease of storage I decided to leave out the boardwalk parts except for the saloon and build separate ones from popsicle sticks.






I remembered covering the side of the cardboard building walls for the bank before attaching the paper wall.



I forgot to do this for other buildings and fixed this by inserting matchsticks.


And covering the top of the front with coffee stirrer sticks.


The finished buildings in a town setting, together with Dave Graffam buildings:
















2 comments: